Tpl Olugbenga Oladimeji ASHIRU was born over forty years ago into the popular Ashiru family of Ijebu-Ode, in Ijebu-Ode Local Government Area of Ogun State. His place of birth is Palm Groove in Lagos State. He became a Registered Town Planner in 2010 after obtaining a Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning in 2006. He is a member of the following professional bodies; Nigerian Institute of Town Planners and Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria.
He has contributed in so many ways to improve the profession in the State, and all this effort was crowned in 2012 when he was chosen after an interview by foreign investors as one of the two Town Planners sent on training to Malaysia by the Ogun State Government on the Mission to Rebuild project (Abeokuta City Centre and new town development).
He has received various awards and certificates among which are:
1. An Honorary Award (Icon of Hope) Urban and Regional planning students association of Nigeria (2015)
2. Most promising Town Planners in Ogun State (2015), Nigerian University Engineering Student Association (FUNAAB).
3. Most Supportive Alumi (2008) National Association of Town Planning Student (MAPOLY).
4. NYSC Kebbi State Award for 2001 service year.
5. Most Outstanding (H.O.C) Head of Class (1998-1999).
His professional achievements in the field of planning are :
• National Public Relations Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (2016- to date).
• Assistant National Public Relations Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (2014- 2016).
• Ex-Officio II, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2015- To date.
• Public Relation/Social Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2010–2011.
• Assistant Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2011 – 2012.
• Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2013– 2015.
• The Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, Ogun State Chapter Revenue Generating committee, 2010.
• The Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners Ogun State Chapter Building Committee, 2008.
• Chairman, NITP Ogun State Chapter, Publication Committee 2010.
• Member, NITP 50th Anniversary Planning Commitee.
• Member, NITP 2017 AGM/Conference Planning Committee.
• Member, NITP 2017 Publicity Committee.
• Member, NITP 2017 Management Committee.
• Member, NITP 2017 National Council
• Member, NITP South West Forum Planning Standard Review Committee.
• Member, NITP 2017 MCPDP Committee.
On the 5th September 1966, 30 pioneer Town Planners held a historic meeting in Lagos which led to the formal inauguration of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners. A protem Executive Council was elected to steer the affairs of the young Institute. From this humble beginning, the Institute has grown from strength to strength to a membership size of over 3,000 made up of 142 Fellows, 1814 Full members and over 325 Graduate members. There are also over 3000 Student members of the Institute.VISIT WEBSITE
TOPREC is the acronym for the Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria, a statutory body established by Decree 3 of 1988 titled Town Planners (Registration, etc.), which has now become an Act of Parliament cited as CAP 431 LFN,1990 and CAP T7 LFN, 2004. TOPREC was established by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CAP T7, LFN 2004) to regulate and control the practice of the profession of physical planning in all its aspects and ramifications.VISIT WEBSITE
The Association of Town Planning Consultants of Nigeria (ATOPCON) was established in the early 1990’s. Its formation was informed by the need to bring all registered firms of Urban and Regional Planning in Nigeria under an umbrella. The Association which Started with pioneering member firms of less than 20 now has over 100 organizations as members. ATOPCON has an umbilical cord relationship with NITP and TOPREC, the regulatory body for the profession.VISIT WEBSITE
OLUGBENGA OLADIMEJI ASHIRU 2017